About & Contact
Subscribe via email or RSS to get updates about future posts.
- After I studied computer science at ETH Zurich & Charles University in Prague, I shortly dabbed with academic research in the medical data processing.
- In search for business impact I then switched to management consultancy. I did operation optimization projects for utility & transportation clients. I stayed for 1.5 years.
- I then returned back to building software, striking the balance between the business impact & technical challenges.
I did open-source work back then with Hadoop stack. These projects are not maintained anymore since I moved away from Hadoop. Here are a few older small projects when I was learning Scala & machine learning.
These people influenced my engineering & thinking mostly:
- Rich Hickey, Simple Made Easy. A game-changing influence on my engineering. Also any other of his talks.
- Nassim Taleb, The Incerto series. Turning uncertainty into advantages. Applicable to both engineering & life.
- Marshall Rosenberg, Nonviolent Communication. How to communicate, applicable also to professional relationships.